Saturday, July 30, 2011

One of My Heroes



This is my Grandpa Felt. These pictures were taken while we were on vacation this summer by my brother Michael. While we were visiting at Felt Farm my Mom brought out Grandpa's war helmet... which none of us had ever seen. Grandpa was serving in WWII and this helmet saved his life... not because it protected his head but because the chin strap was not buckled. As you can see in the pic the helmet is full of bullet holes. Had the chin strap been buckled, Grandpa wouldn't be with us today. The gun fire shot it clear off his head but he was fine. Grandpa did receive injuries in the war and a handful of metals, but is alive to tell his tale. I am very grateful for all the brave and selfless men and women that have, are and will serve our country to make sure we maintain our freedoms. They are all my heroes!

No comments: