Monday, October 21, 2013

Garbett Reunion Continued...

 After we left the cabin, we had a lot of fun filled days. Here are a few of the highlights for your viewing pleasure.

Draper Temple:
 Krista and Morgan were able to have Halli sealed to them in the same temple and by the same sealer that sealed the two of them only 4 years earlier. It was an amazing experience and I feel privileged to have been a part of it.
 Some of the kids on the Temple grounds waiting
I LOVE this pic of Kyler!! He is just walking so peacefully and thoughtfully around the temple.

Salt Lake City
Days of 47 Parade
 Michael and his family are part of the Mormon Battalion. They have amazing period correct clothing and Michael even shots off a huge rifle and cannon. Samuel got too tired to finish the entire parade route, so he came out and stayed with Grandma and the other kids.
 Here's just a couple of the floats from the parade. (I had to kind of laugh, I've lived just north of Salt Lake City for 9 1/2 years and I never went to the parade. This was my first time going and now we live 6 hours away.)


 We took the kids to the Church History Museum
 Landon and Kiera dancing
 A replica of 'the golden plates'
 Nathan doing his jig


In Provo:
 We went to see the Orem Owls play baseball. A couple of the pitchers even signed the kids tickets during warm-up
 Kyler with Hootz
 We laid out a few blankets and had a great time. My Dad is really good at catching the stress balls that were thrown to the crowd. Every family got to take one home.


 At the BYU campus they had a really neat dinosaur exhibit. The kids loved it, and best of all it was free!

So I can't remember if I mentioned that Jon had to head back home after the cabin and didn't get to participate in the rest of the week long festivities. Well, my van started to have some troubles with the temperature gauge. So because I was really nervous about driving home by myself with just the kids and a broken van my dear husband flew up to help me out. My Brother-in-law Jared picked him up and the two of them fixed the van. And right as they finished and were getting ready to take it for a test drive this happened....

My sister's neighbor across the street was working in his yard when he hit a gas main with his pick axe. So everyone was evacuated for a few hours while they got things taken care of. We had to walk down the street a ways and hang out at the park. Meanwhile, all of our vehicles were blocked in by a bunch of firetrucks, police cars, and construction trucks. So our departure was pushed back even longer. We did make it safely back to our house and all was well. The kids were so tired from such a fun filled week with cousins, that they slept most of the way.

No comments: