Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Back at Last

Yes, I know I haven't posted in almost 9 months. But since Jon is traveling a lot right now for business, I've decide to re-enter the blogging world. So I will be posting a lot in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to try to recap what all has happened in the past few months in order. So if you see pics and stories from this past spring... feel free to skip them or just enjoy the pics of my cute boys. So here we go!

Here's the story that started a ton a craziness of our lives for the past 9 months. In the end of January Jon told me that he kept having the impression that we should move to St George, Utah. I thought, YA RIGHT!!! There was no reason for us to move. We had a beautiful home, Jon had a good job and was a senior at Weber University. Every time were would discuss moving I would just bust into tears. Until finally, I decided that I needed to know for myself if a move to southern Utah was the next step for our family. So I prayed about it. And after I received a reconfirming feeling that moving was the right step for us, I never shed another tear. We went forward with repairing our house to sell and Jon began the job hunt.
We had a ton of showing on our house and each time we had to leave for usually and hour at a time. It sucked big time. So we went and wondered around stores a lot.
 Here's Nathan test driving a Jeep and helmet for the umpteenth time
During a Saturday open house we headed down to Scheels. Of course Ky (our goof-ball) had to pretend to sniff a skunk that was at a photo op in the store.

Our lovely home sold in just 2 1/2 weeks. UNBELIEVABLE!! That still blows my mind. But keep in mind that had still not found a job yet. So we were beginning to discuss the possibility of us having to live apart. We began searching for housing in St George and was having no luck. I began to get very stressed out and discouraged. Jon's sister contacted us about possibly living in rental property that she had decided to put on the market to sell. Well, it felt like the right move for us so we packed up our house and moved to Syracuse (about 7 minutes away from our home). The one challenge was that I was then work on showing and selling this home too. (With the real estate agent that we used)
 This is the final time we drove away from our first home.

After we frantically got the Syracuse house ready to show we were back to having to get lost anytime potential buyers wanted to walk through. Well, it most have worked because we sold that house in 3 weeks. ( Man, we must be really good at selling houses or something). We were still looking for housing and a job in St George. While we were down there visiting, Jon's sister Jennifer approached up about moving in to her house with her and her daughters. Jennifer had been diagnosed with an advanced stage of Lime Disease. It has been difficult for her to do a lot of things and just needed some extra help. Once again we received a very reassuring feeling that that was where we needed to go. 
Jon did find a job, thank goodness, and it's with the same company he has work for for 9 1/2 years. He is now a Performance Data Analysis for Skywest Airlines. So instead of working at the airports he is now at  corporate headquaters in St George, Utah. So we packed up our family again and began our new adventure. Oh yeah and Jon started his new job the exact weekend we needed to move out of the Syracuse house.... isn't it funny how things work out perfectly when they're meant to be.

No comments: