Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love is in the Air

So, yesterday was Valentine's Day. Not my favorite holiday in the world but anything to celebrate LOVE with my loved ones is fine by me. Jon has been in New York all week on a business trip so this year it was just me and the boys.

 Thursday night, these beautiful roses and box of chocolates were delivered. I have the sweetest husband. Even when he's far away he still makes me feel so loved and blessed.
After the boys were all done taking showers we gathered all of the books about love off the book shelf and read them. And as I sat reading Love You Forever  with my boys , I realized how blessed I truly am to have so many people to love and that love me back. (and of course it did made me cry)


Young Love
Here is my sweet Landon. About a week ago a girl in his class named Jaden asked if he would be her Valentine. On Thursday, (Feb 13) Landon came home with this painting from Jaden. In the corner it says 'I hope you like it'.  Landon informed me that he wrote her a Valentine story and drew pictures in it too. Then on Friday (the 14th)  Landon asked me if he could give Jaden one of my roses. Of course I said yes, so he selected a pink one and I wrapped the end of it for him. That day Jaden gave him this little monkey holding some candy.

On the other side of the country... Here is a picture that Jon text to me. Its taken from the top of the Empire State Building. Which of course made me think of Sleepless in Seattle.
I will do a post of Jon's NYC trip once he gets back home.

No comments: