Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November Excitment

Its Autumn Time
The boys got to jump in a pile a leaves for the first time. We've never had trees that produced enough leaves to have to do this but now... the boys have the privilege of raking leaves at least twice a week. (actually the are out doing it right now while I play on the computer)

 Field Trips
This last week our local high school was doing the play production of The King and I. They invited the boys' elementary school to come to dress rehearsal during the day. They simply had the children walk over (it was only a block away) So, I had the opportunity to go with Kyler's class on Monday. They Landon's class went Tuesday morning but I didn't get to go with him because I was already committed to helping at Nathan's field trip to the fire station. On Tuesday evening Jon got to attend the play with youth of our church. Well, Ky liked the play so much he asked if I could take him again. So the pictures below are of Kyler and I on our King and I date. The next day he was walking around the house singing some of the songs from the play and saying etc, etc, etc!







Veteran's Day
Landon got to be an announcer for the Veteran's Day celebration. They asked that he wear his scout uniform for it since he was calling in the flag bearers and leading the audience in the pledge etc. They sang about 6 patriotic songs, did some speaking parts, presented the flags, and even had one of the teachers play Taps.



Kyler's Trip to the ER
I got a phone call from Kyler's school saying that he had hit his head and I needed to come and make sure he was okay. When I got there he looked like this...

He had tripped/been pushed while playing at recess and hit the cement face first. He didn't lose consciousness, and  wasn't vomiting or bleeding. Which was great! But his one eye was dilated more than the other so I checked him out of school and took him to the insta-care and then was sent to the ER. Jon met us there to ease my nerves a bit. After the pediatric doctor in the ER evaluated him they concluded that he had a mild concussion and to just keep a close eye on him. They gave us all of the cautions on if this happens.... then bring him back in. I had to check him every 30 minutes to make sure he was doing alright and give him Tylenol for the headache and pain and an ice pack to help with the swelling. This next pic his him at dinner time. Starting to swell more and getting more bruising by the eye.
 And last, this is what he looked like when he woke up this morning.(actually this picture makes it look better than it really is. The picture didn't capture the magnitude of the bruising)  Way more swelling and his eye is all black and purple. He said he really wanted to go to school and said he felt fine so I gave him more Tylenol and sent him on the bus as normal. I did check in on him at lunch time to see if he needed any more medicine but he said he was fine... what a trooper.






No comments: