Friday, November 01, 2013

Happy Halloween


My boys had lots of Halloween fun this year. On Halloween Eve we went to a carnival put on by the youth of our church. It was tons of fun. They had games, cupcake walk, eat the donut off the string etc. I spent a while that day finishing costumes for my nieces. Megan came home at lunch time and needed a costume for that night. I quickly sewed black felt circles on Nathan's Superman cape and voila Megan had a ladybug shell to wear with her black pants and shirt. I assured Nathan that his cape would be back to normal this weekend. After the carnival I had to finish sewing color squares on one of Jon's black T-shirts for Baylee to be a Rubik's Cube. Bay loves Rubik's Cubes so when she found out she had to dress up that was the obvious  choice.  For actual Halloween the boys all got to dress up for school. The had classroom parties followed by a school parade.
 Pirate Kyler
 These are Kyler's awesome duct tape boots I made him. He loved them. I put his old shoes inside of one of Jon's tall socks and began to tape them up. To make the top I cut a cereal box and duct taped it on. So that Ky could actually get his foot inside, we cut them down the back and used a grommet punch to make holes. Then I used an extra pair a shoe laces we had laying around to lace them up.
 Landon as a Ninja
 And of course Firefighter Nathan

After the boys got home from school, we headed over to Jon's work. The kids got to go all around the two story building getting all kinds of candy. Plus we got some the guys he works with. Including his boss's boss. We then went home and had scones and cream of broccoli soup. The kids all looked though the Toys R Us big book that came in the mail. Finally we headed out for about 30 minutes and went to a few houses in our neighborhood. (mostly just members from our ward.)


I know this isn't about Halloween but this was the first time we got to see Jon's office. So here is his lovely corner cubical with a window. It's a pretty spacious cubical.... it's almost an office.

No comments: