Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Little Valentines

This year Valentine's Day took a little prep work the night before. While Jon and Dex were at puppy class, I was busy in the kitchen. I made heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and heart shaped cookies with pink frosting. Ky asked why I made pink frosting instead of red and honestly that's because red is so annoying to make with food coloring. 
 When the boys woke up they had these little valentines filled with chocolate hearts.


 While Kyler and Landon were at school having their V-day parties, I decided to do a little party for Nathan and a couple of friends. They made valentines for their dads, played a game, and ate cookies.
Nathan had a really hard time falling asleep for a nap and this is how I found him. Yep that would be my laundry basket filled with his blankets.

After a nice dinner with just me and my favorite guys, we headed down stairs for a bear hunt. My friend Marni gave me a poem about bear hugs and you hide cinnamon bears. So here are the boys and their new cups to be used to hold the bears. I know that's cheesy that I get my kids new cups but they love special cups.

 Nathan also got a Diego DVD
 Ky got a Scooby-Doo DVD
 Landon got a case for his DS
 Jon's parents stopped by to drop off treats and Grandpa thought the bean bag game looked better this way.
 So of course Grandma and Kyler had to try it too
 And not to be left out, Nathan picked up the board and made Ky stand with him


I just wanted to include this pic for memory sake. Dex spent most of his valentine's day at the vet losing his manhood. When we picked him up he was so sleeping his slept like this for at least two more hours. After he got a little of his energy back he did play with his new squeaky toy we got him.

No comments: